A family tradition for five generations
The business was started in Camogli – the maritime hamlet near Genoa – in 1907 by Giovanni Battista Santagata, the founder of the enterprise who specialised in the selection and trading of the finest virgin and extra virgin oils. Since then 100 years have passed, and during this period of time the five generations that followed have managed the company with the same passion, dedication and professionalism.
Luigi, the son of Giovanni Battista, has widened the business frontiers in Italy. Subsequently, Mario and Massimo Santagata, the grandson and the great grandson respectively, have opened up the company to international markets and they have moved the headquarters to Genoa city in Via Albisola, a location that better reflects the business size and the company turnover.
Today Federico and Cristina, the fifth generation of a long-established family tradition are supported by an experienced staff and they continue to provide their customers with first quality products by managing a well-established company with a strong local and national rooting and with growing international ramifications.
In 2012 the company was included in the Historic Company Register.